For 2017: Less is More with Interactive Value-Focused Content
But if you ask buyers, less is definitely more. In fact, 83% of buyers indicate they are “overwhelmed by the sheer volume of content available”, this according to research by Demand Gen Report.
For your buyer it’s about quality over quantity. They don’t need more content. Instead, your prospects want personalized research, analysis, benchmarks, advice, and guidance.
Interactive Content Leads the Way
The closer the content comes to replicating expert advice, and focuses not on a product / service-pitch but on the value of potential solutions, the better.
The research revealed how content strategies need to change, with:
- Interactive value storytelling, diagnostic assessments and ROI / TCO calculators all seeing steady and significant growth in perceived value to decision makers
- 95% of buyers wanting more benchmarking insights to help measure effectiveness against industry standards
- 81% of buyers seeking benchmarking and value analysis tools to guide future investments.
Interactive value-focused content is the key, delivering a marked improvement in content marketing effectiveness, with IDC reporting that interactive value-focused content:
- Garnered more attention, generating 2x more leads and engagement when compared to static content fueled campaigns
- Improved buyer audience engagement and education, generating a 30% improvement in motivated buyers and qualified sales opportunities
- Generated a significant 30% improvement in conversion rates.
The Bottom Line
- Drive $1M in incremental pipeline and $250,000 in just the first three months from launch, providing almost immediate payback
- Consistently generate 300+ new qualified leads each month
- Decrease its stalled deals from 60% to 30%, a whopping 50% sales growth improvement.