From High Touch to Low Cost – A Disturbing Trend in B2B Selling?
- Much of B2B buying will not need sales reps anymore, and will move to lower cost self-service or inside sales reps.
- Over 1 million B2B salespeople would go the way of the dodo by 2020.
- 1 in 5 reps may be looking for a new career within the next 5 years.
- Sales rep engagement is positive in 85% of engagements, and material to a good customer experience and decision.
- B2B buyers interact with sales reps at every stage of the buyer's journey, not just at the tail end as other research estimated.
- The Sales Presentation is still the most valuable engagement in helping to drive a decision.