Improve Your Marketing: From Passive to Interactive Content
Evolve from Passive to Interactive
- 45% ranking interactive presentations (dynamic storytelling), a four or five on a scale of five in terms of value
- 42% ranking ROI calculators as very valuable
- 40% placing a high value on Assessments.
- Personalizes the content - Smartly assembling the right messaging precisely for each buyer and what matters most to them This results in shorter, more focused content which shows you care about the buyer’s time, and providing your prospect with just the right information they need to help facilitate their personal buyer’s journey.
- Delivers personalized insights - Buyers indicate “they want more detailed and industry-specific information” to understand more about the challenges they should be paying more attention to, and how others have smartly overcome the issues with your solutions. Specific industry insights are difficult to deliver in one-size fits all white papers or infographics, making interactive content ideal to deliver just the right insights matching the buyer’s industry and other key factors like location and size.
- Helps uncover and diagnose challenges – Discovery and assessments help buyers understand their issues better, think about things a new way and generate a-ha moments. Buyers love assessments because they help prioritize their issues and intelligently guide them precisely to solutions that can best help.
- Delivers peer benchmarks – Interactive content, when designed right, gets smarter all the time, collecting discovery data from each prior assessment / ROI analysis and leveraging this content in the results. Your prospect can see exactly how they compare to others in their industry; to determine where they are most falling behind and what should be addressed as a competitive priority.
- Helps fuel decisions – Purchase decisions are motivated by some combination of Emotions (Pathos), Rational (Logos) and Trust (Ethos). Interactive content can help deliver the right mix of content to “press” each of these buy buttons – customized and interactive visual storytelling to connect with emotions, personalized financial justification to provide the rational, and aligned success stories / case studies to build trust.
Your Interactive Content Playbook
Interactive Storybooks – Your prospects want to take their own unique journey, and interactive storybooks can be their dynamic guide for self-service exploration and learning. Visual storytelling, dynamic insights, interactive surveys / assessments, interactive financial justification and just the right solution recommendations and case study can be presented intelligently and dynamically in an online dynamic ebook, customized based on the user’s industry, location, size, role and challenges and needs, to emotionally motivate a break from through the status-quo, rationalize the decision and build trust / credibility.
Configurators and Pricing Tools – Recommend the right solution for your buyer’s specific needs and requirements, and provide transparent pricing proposals, all self-service from your website.
ROI Calculators – Interactive tools to help uncover, illuminate and quantify the current cost of “do nothing” and credibly tally the value / benefits and ROI of proposed solutions.
TCO Calculators – It is often difficult for prospects to understand the advantages of your solutions versus the competition. Early in your prospect’s decision process, the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your solution can be compared to current legacy solutions to demonstrate cost savings and incremental benefits. Later in your buyer’s journey your solution can be compared head-to-head versus the competition to proactively prove your cost / benefit advantages.
Getting your Interactive Content Right
- Are you kidding me? - Your buyer’s time is precious, and they don’t want to waste it on interactive content that might look good, but doesn’t provide real value. Instead of a “toy”, your buyer wants real personalized insights, precise advice, credible justification, and specific evidence to help facilitate their decision-making. And you need to be able to easily share the results, providing a downloadable / email report, enabling your Interactive Content to continue to tell your value story long after use.
- Drop the Sales Pitch - Your prospects want content that is trustworthy and that keeps the sales message to a minimum. Unfortunately, SiriusDecision indicates that 93% of content remains product-centric. As you develop your Interactive Content, you can use this as a great opportunity to evolve the sales messaging to more value-focused communication, quantification and evidence.
- In you they trust? - SiriusDecisions found that although most buyers seek out advice and help from solution providers, only 13% of buyers view vendor-created content as credible. Instead, content developed by a third-party publication or analyst ranked much higher, with 90% saying that they give more credence to this type of asset (DemandGen Report). As you move to Interactive Content, consider 3rd party developed tools, content, research and insights to improve the credibility and gain buyer trust.