The new ABCs of Selling: Always Be Challenging!
Engage me or lose me Forever
- Teach: Educating the buyer not on features and benefits, but on insight, bringing a timely, unique and provocative perspective on the customer’s business, especially presenting new ideas that can make money or save money — often opportunities the customer hadn’t realized even existed.
- Tailor: Delivering content that is tailored or dynamically interactive to address individual prospect challenges and value drivers.
Many Points of Value
Buying Experience is THE Differentiator
- 10% of sales reps are still pitching products right out of the gate, or pseudo-solution selling, asking a few questions before diving into a one-size-fits-all product pitch (Forrester).
- 58% disengage because sales reps are not able to help them solve business challenges and articulate the value of proposed solutions (Qvidian).
Laura McLellan, a Gartner analyst, indicates that in two years, 90% of companies expect to compete almost entirely on the basis of the buying experience, up from 36% two years ago.
- What research / metrics did you find most interesting from the CEB Summit?
- What do you think are the biggest barriers in moving from believers to practitioners – to truly implementing the new ABCs of selling – Always be Challenging?
Hey, CMO: Larry Ellison and Oracle Want Your Business