Why the Increased IT Spending Growth Forecasts from Gartner are Wrong Again!
In 2012, initial rosy predictions of 3.7% growth were never realized, coming in around 1% by year-end. This despite the economy improving slowly over the same time frame.
Frugalnomics in Effect
Surviving Frugalnomics - The 3 Things You Must Do Now to Win in 2014
- Why Consider a Change? - the Prospect has a pain worth addressing and a significant cost of “Do Nothing”,
- Why Change Now? – the Prospect should not wait to address the issue because every day is costing them, they are leaving good money on the table (significant bottom-line impact, ROI and fast payback), and they are falling behind competitively (illustrated through peer comparison benchmarks),
- Why Your Solution?– that your solutions can deliver unique and superior value at a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Over 75% indicating significant decision making involvement,
- 41% indicating being the main decision maker for IT investments.
From the CFOs we talk to, they indicate that proposals:
- Won't be considered a priority without a business case, and the larger the proposal, the more detailed and formal the case has to be,
- Won’t be advanced unless they show that the proposed project is low risk and with low resource requirements, as “do more with less” applies regardless of the ROI,
- Won't be approved unless you show that the issue being addressed is a priority with a high cost of “doing nothing”, quantified savings / benefits from the proposed solution, and a significant ROI and fast payback,
- Won't be signed off unless you can prove your solution has a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) / better value than competitive offerings.
- Engage Frugal Prospects with Provocative Marketing
- Empower Sales with Value Storytelling and Quantification
- Close the Deal with CFO-Ready Business Cases