What is the Most Valued Content for IT Decision Makers?
- SiriusDecisions reports that up to 67% of decision-makers already have a “clear picture” of the solution they want before Sales Reps are engaged.
- Content marketing plays a more pivotal role – influencing decisions before reps are involved, and fueling reps' customer conversations when they are eventually engaged.
- The Rise of the Economic Buyer – CFOs and financial executives are “large and in charge” of more groups and more purchase decisions, putting in place more financial scrutiny and hurdles to any purchase decision. With economic diligence front and center, even non-financial executives now are more focused on the business metrics and bottom-line impact of purchase decisions. IDC reports that 95% of all enterprise purchase decisions now require a formal financial justification / ROI.
- More Stakeholders – the average number of stakeholders involved in purchase decisions has risen a hefty 40% over just the past 3 years according to IDC. In IT decisions, business units, IT and finance are all heavily involved. The complexity of more decisions makers is compounded in that each stakeholder sees value differently, in relation to their particular challenges, business drivers and key performance indicators – value is truly in the eye of the beholder.
- The Value Gap – Sales and marketing often falls way short in providing the key financial justification content buyers need to make timely and favorable purchase decisions. In sales, this is such a big issue that SiriusDecisions indicates the “Inability to Communicate Value” is the #1 issue why sales has failed to meet quota, this for the second year running.
- Can you help buyers facilitate their financial decision making, easily and credibly quantifying their pain, justifying proposed gains and proving you are “not the same”.
- Do you have the Financial Justification / ROI marketing content and sales tools to create personalized analyses for each unique opportunity and decision maker?
Source: IDC's 2013 ITBuyer Experience Survey: Create and Close Customers up to 40% Faster
1. Financial Justification/ROI (46%)
2. Product Demo/Proof of Concept (14%)
3. Peer/Customer References (10%)
4. Product/Service reviews and test results (8%)
5. Vision/Thought Leadership (7%)
6. Customer Case Studies (6%)
7. Industry Trends (3%)
8. Other (5%)