Mind the Value Gap
- More Empowered – leveraging the Internet and social groups to self-educatate on your solution and the competition, taking ever more control of knowledge flows and engagement process.
- More Risk Averse – In a “do more with less” economy, decision makers don’t want to make a mistake. Decision by committee is the norm, involving 43% more stakeholders in each decision compared to just 3 years ago; an average of 8 in a typical purchase decision (IDC)
- More Frugal – With stakeholders now focused on financial outcomes, and Finance formally involved in the process, 95% require formal financial justification on any proposal (IDC).
- Marketing continues to revert to product centric messaging, and rely on one-size-fits-all white papers that don’t deliver the value messaging, quantification and role specific “point of value” today’s prospect needs to spark their decision making.
- And Sales? Death by PowerPoint product pitches remains the norm.
View a presentation on Mind the Value Gap here >>>