Gartner says Buyers Have Changed. IT Sales and Marketing Strategies Are Lagging
- The issue that you can address is a costly one for the buyer
- The issue should be a priority amongst all the other opportunities they can address
- Quantifying the proposed savings, productivity and process improvements, risk reduction and revenue benefits.
- Comparing the proposed investment versus the benefits, including a tally of key financial measures especially: return on investment (ROI), payback, and net present value (NPV) savings.
- Tally your lower total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to alternative solutions
- Prove the incremental value you can deliver versus competitive offerings.
We recommend that you leverage three steps to help address this challenge today:
- Providing provocative content to help buyers overcome “do nothing” and facilitate the decision making process
- Align messaging and solutions with the pains and “point of value” of different stakeholders
- Deliver financial justification to answer “Why Change?”, “Why Now?” and “Why You?”.