- Why change? – the prospect understands there is an issue that is worth addressing, and
- Why change now? –the prospect sees a significant “cost of do nothing” and realizes that the issue is not only real, but should be a priority
- Why with us as a vendor? - the prospect understands the competitive advantages, superior benefits, lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and superior Return on Investment (ROI) of the proposed solution, and the low risk of you as a solution provider.
- Each of these stakeholders likely has a different view of the issues, priority and value than your main prospect.
- With Finance, procurement and the executives so involved in each deal, you’ll need to get beyond just an emotional sale, delivering tangible cost of do nothing quantification and financial justification.
The Champion will have to provide the same “why change”, “why change now” and “why with you as a vendor” answers to each stakeholder, which means your Sales team must provide them with the tools, insights and justification to make the case.