Sales Enablement’s Dirty Big Secret
- Buyers are more empowered – with the Internet and social media, buyers can research everything there is to know about you and your competitors before the call. Sales value add is diminishing / changing as a result.
- More stakeholders per deal – Over the past three years, IDC reports a hefty 40% increase in number of stakeholders per deal. At the same time, the diversity in the types of decision makers at the table, and behind the scenes, has increased. Each buyer has a unique point of value, and connecting with them around the right role-based value messages and quantification is harder than ever before.
- Short attention span theater – Buyers have been forced to “do more with less”, leaving less time than ever to consider and work with vendors on new projects. Breaking through and having an impactful engagement is harder than ever.
- More frugal – more than ever, buyers are sticking with “business as usual” versus considering change. In fact, SBI indicates that its now 58% of a typical sales pipeline. In order to get these buyers to advance you have to help them answer key concerns:
- Why Change? – Quantify the Pain
- Why Now? – Justify the Gain
- Why You? – Prove Your Not the Same
The Bottom-LineSo how to best reduce the hidden cost of sales, improve selling effectiveness / yield and drive higher Sales ROI?
- Why keep developing PowerPoints when we know customers despise them?
- Why continue to invest so much each year on the same old sales training, when it is not being adopted / used to advance the customer engagement in ways that they now expect to be engaged?
- Provocative, to break through the noise and emotionally connect with the buyer in a unique manner,
- Value-focused, to rationally justify your solutions to today's more economic-centric customers,
- Role-based to address the increased and more diverse set of decision makers in each of your deals.
Would like to get your feedback on other dimensions of this hidden costs and low ROI issue, and of course on our remedy.