IT Spending Growth Remains Challenge
- Aligning solutions and proposals to the key strategic initiatives where executives are focused and budget has been allocated.
- Engaging earlier and more provocatively to illuminate buyer challenges, raise priorities and create opportunities that are not readily apparent to the Buyer, nor to which budgets had been allocated prior.
- Assuring that renewals are secure by not relying on buyers to justify the renewal, but by proactively and continuously proving realized value.
- Reducing deal discounts by elevating the focus from price to value and quantifying competitive advantage, even though each deal will inherently be more price competitive.
Business Groups are Large and in Charge
- Quickly evolve from selling primarily to technical decision makers to now engage with business executives and even user community groups
- Perform value storytelling andjustification uniquely and relevantly for each stakeholder’ unique “Point ofValue”.
- End “Death by PowerPoint” presentations and move to a truly interactive value-focused engagements.
- Deliver unique and compelling insight that allows sales to be invited earlier in the decision making process (as buyers are now delaying sales engagement until >60% of the decision making process has been complete).
- Justify the value of solutions to meet frugal buyer demands for Financial Justification / ROI (now ranked as the Most Valued Content vendors can provide to help facilitate purchase decisions).
- Intelligently communicate the relevant valuestory and quantification to each stakeholder: financial, business and technical.
- IT spending growth will remain well below historical averages
- Business groups will take further control of technology spending compared to central IT
- Leveraging tablets will be a Sales requirement
- Aligning solutions to the big four strategic initiatives for 2013: Cloud, Mobile, Social Computing and Big Data.
- Delivering the Financial Justification / ROI and competitive quantification that today’s frugal buyer demands.
- Presenting the relevant value story and quantification for each stakeholder.
- Empowering a different kind of storytelling and justification using Tablets.