- Over 41% of CFOs indicating they are now the leader of the group responsible for IT investments.
- 26% of IT investments directly authorized by CFOs (with only 5% directly authorized by CIOs).
What to Do?
- Engage earlier with the CFO, in order to help them recognize important challenges they should be addressing (Why Consider a Change), and the tangible impact of “do nothing” (Why do so Now).
- Speak the language of the CFO, including business objectives and challenges, risks, business benefits and financial impact / ROI - developing provocative content to fuel CFO engagement sand sales conversations.
- Deliver CFO-ready business cases, to communicate the story of your value and quantify the investment versus benefits / ROI.
The Bottom Line
- Are your value messages speaking to the CFO and their unique “point of value”?
- Are you arming your sales reps and channel partners with the provocative value storytelling, insights and quantification tools needed to gain early CFO access and gain their interest / commitment?
- Do you proactively deliver CFO-ready business cases later in the decision cycle to gain CFO approval / sign-off?