- Your Marketing works hard to develop what they believe are effective value propositions, insights and messaging, all too often without enough sales and value consultant involvement. And then, they post black-box ROI calculators for customers to use on the corporate website.
- Your Sales enablement creates their own set of value presentations and tools, and these often don’t align with the marketing positioning and tools. Then, the sales tools are thrown over to sales reps and channel partners without enough education, certification and support to move the needle.
- Value Consulting is invited into the big deals, bringing their own twist on value engagements and business cases. Customized spreadsheets and reports are delivered which may or may not align with what the prospect already received from marketing and sales.
- Once the sale is made, too little effort is placed on assuring the value proposed is actually measured or delivered. Value realization is an afterthought, or not measured at all.
- And through the process the Value Intelligence as to current prospect costs and true value delivery is squandered or locked in individual prospect records and sales / consulting spreadsheets.
A New Center of Excellence - the VMO
- Value Marketing – helping to develop and deliver value messaging frameworks, insights / benchmarks, go-to-market content (like challenge / value infographics) and tools (like cost of “do nothing” and ROI calculators).
- Value Selling – Driving the development and delivery of sales-ready value messaging, presentations, storytelling, quantification and proposals, assuring sales reps and channel partners have the right tools, processes and education / certification.
- Value Consulting – providing standards, engagement practices and tools for pre-sale financial justification / business case proposals, post-sale value realization, and value intelligence benchmarks and databases.
- Consolidation of dozens of different, inconsistent and less than effective value messaging, presentations, tools, contractors and programs, helping to reduce duplicative internal efforts and leverage strategic sourcing from 3rd party collaborators.
- Increased Speed and Agility, leveraging standards frameworks and collaborative, additive efforts to accelerate programs from a common metrics, knowledge and practice base.
- Transition and Adoption, a collective effort from different groups in all customer communications to drive product to value.
Learn more about the importance of a Value Management Office and best practices in the book: Frugalnomics Survival Guide - How to Use Your Unique Value to Market Better, Stand Out and Sell More