- A meager 10% of buyers report that sales reps are value-focused, with most still using a less than effective product pitch approach (Forrester)
- Solution provider executives report that the #1 issue for revenue growth shortfalls, is not a lack of adequate sales training, product mix or social selling skills, but the inability for sales to articulate value (SiriusDecisions).
The CLOSE Conversation Guide
- Provocative prospecting emails (using one line in the email to cover each element in CLOSE)
- More impactful and personalized White papers and Infographics (using the elements of CLOSE to drive the elements and content)
- High impact in-person / web meeting engagements (evolving from one size fits all PowerPoint product pitches, guiding the three-foot conversation to communicate the best value story for each prospect)
Props to Dr. Thomas Sant who's NOSE methodology served as the foundation and inspiration for the evolution to a more provocative approach with CLOSE.